How to get your New Year off to a Flying Start
New Year & New Years Resolutions come hand in hand but many fail before they’ve even got started. This can be for a variety of reasons, for example, setting unrealistic goals, failing to plan and quite often, lack of preparation.
‘No matter what your New Year’s Resolutions are, they are more more achievable if they are realistic and a plan is put in place to achieve them’
Whether it’s losing weight, getting fitter or stopping smoking the end goal is success & to achieve this you need plan for the evitable, prepare for the changes & forgive yourself for any little mistakes. Rather than giving up at the first hurdle, take a step back, look at what went wrong and take from it the things that will help to stop them happening again. Learn from your little mistakes rather than chastising yourself & giving up.
Remember, success is rarely achieved overnight – it takes change, determination and an open mind to allow you to embrace new ideas and develop new habits.
Achieving these new goals can also be easier with a friend or by joining a group. A Smoking Sensation Group will give you the support to stop smoking, an exercise class will help to tone you and if your ultimate goal is to lose weight then a Slimming group can really help. Groups where like-minded people have the same goals offer great support as well as encouragement and motivation to help you succeed.
For me, as a wemight loss consultant, my motivation is seeing my members succeed and know this is the same for all our consultants, after all we were all members ourselves before we became consultants. We know, by coming to group every week, our members not only get support, tips, recipes & motivation they also make friends, learn new skills and healthy eating habits for life and achieve their weight loss dreams, it’s the best feeling in the world to hand a member their Target Award.
Ten steps for success
1. Set yourself an achievable goal, you can set smaller interim goals before your main goal – the journey will still get you to the end result – success!
2. Plan ahead, look at what you want to achieve and write down the things you need to do to succeed.
3. Prepare to make changes, look at things with an open mind.
4. Enlist the help of family & friends and let them know what you need them to do to help you, it can be something as simple as not offering you cake with your coffee.
5. Join a group which will help support, motivate & educate you. Ask friends & family for recommendations or to go along with you.
6. Praise yourself for your achievements along the way no matter how small they may seem.
7. Forgive yourself for any little mistakes, after all Rome wasn’t built in a day.
8. Make the most of opportunities to learn new skills, make new friends, swap ideas etc.
9. Visualise how you want to look & feel, remind yourself daily how important this is to you and why you made your resolutions in the first place.
10. Finally, Surround yourself with love. The people that love you will support you, praise you & motivate you every step of the way.